Welcome to drizzlepac’s API documentation!¶
This package supports the use of
AstroDrizzle as an integrated set of
modules that can be run in an automated manner to combine images, along
with other tasks to support image alignment and coordinate transformations
with distortion included. The version of
DrizzlePac described here
implements a single task to run the entire
AstroDrizzle processing pipeline,
while also providing the framework for users to create their own custom
pipeline based on the modules in this package merged with their own custom
code if desired. These pages document what functions and classes are available
for use under Python while providing the syntax for calling those functions
from Python tasks.
Full documentation of how to run the primary
tasks, along with fully worked examples, can be found in the
This package relies on the STWCS package in order to provide the support for the WCS-based distortion models and alignment of the input images.
- Primary User Interface: AstroDrizzle()
- imageObject Classes
- Step 1: Process Input
- Step 2: Generate a Static Mask
- Step 3: Subtracting the Sky
- Step 4 and 8: Drizzling the Images
- Step 5: Create a Median Image
- Step 6: Blotting the Median Image
- Step 7: Cosmic-ray identification
DrizzlePac Release Notes¶
The code for this package gets released through a number of methods: namely, the use of the package for pipeline and archive processing of ACS and WFC3 data, SSB’s semi-annual public release of the stsci_python package, and a weekly beta release of the development version. The following notes provide some details on what has been revised for each version.
Image Registration Tasks¶
Documentation for the replacement task for IRAF’s
tweakreg, has been added to this package.
These new modules describe how to run the new TEAL-enabled task,
as well as use the classes in the task to generate catalogs interactively
for any chip and work with that catalog. The current implementation of this
code relies on a very basic source finding algorithm loosely patterned
after the DAOFIND algorithm and does not provide all the same features
or outputs found in DAOFIND. The fitting algorithm also reproduces the
fitting performed by IRAF’s
geomap in a limited fashion; primarily,
it only performs fits equivalent to
geomap’s ‘shift’ and ‘rscale’ solutions.
These algorithms will be upgraded as soon as replacements are available.
- TWEAKREG: Alignment of Images
- Refmagefindpars: Source finding parameters for the reference image
- Imagefindpars: Source finding parameters
- Image Class
- Classes to manage Catalogs and WCS’s
- Functions to Manage WCS Table Extension
- Functions to Manage Legacy OPUS WCS Keywords in the WCS Table
- TWEAKUTILS: Utility Functions for Tweakreg
- UPDATEHDR: Functions for Updating WCS with New Solutions
- Region mapping for TweakReg
- Photometric equalization for AstroDrizzle
Coordinate Transformation Tasks¶
These tasks support transformations of source positions to and from distorted and drizzled images.
ACS Header Update Task¶
A task, ‘updatenpol’, has been written to automate the updating of ACS image headers with the filename of the appropriate NPOLFILE based on the DGEOFILE specified in the image header. This task should be used to update all ACS images prior to processing them with ‘astrodrizzle’.